Crates, or C.R.A.T.E.S are boxes of resources grown on your Bio Deck, created in your factory, traded for or acquired from certain events like salvage or pirate attacks. They can be grouped into primary, secondary and tertiary resource crates. Should be stored in a cargo hold to stop them turning into spoiled goods.
Primary resource crates
These crates can be harvested from your Bio deck, either by you or one of your Dryad staff. Although they can also be purchased from traders.
- Contraband - used in the production of Packaged H.E.D's and a few buildings.
- Fibres - used to make plastics and some other things.
- Food - Used by snack-o-mat's, bar and in the production of Sushi and Molecular food.
- Medical supplies - Used by the medical station, the production of holo crystals and healing mud.
- Minerals - Used in the production of circuits as well as Fuzzies and the fuzzy charging station.
- Oxygen - used by Atmosphere filter, creating them in the factory and the creation of some other buildings.
Contraband, Fibres, Food, Medical supplies and Minerals must be harvested, either by the player, which destroys the plant, or by dryads, which doesn't. Oxygen crates appear without requiring harvesting, their number depending on how many plants the bio deck has. Contraband randomly replaces one of the two crates that appear from harvesting one of the larger Bio Deck plants.
- Toxic waste - this is not harvested as such, but generated by various buildings as a by-product.
Secondary resource crates
These crates can be created in a factory from primary resource crates, purchased from trader or acquired from certain events like salvage or pirate attacks.
- Cleansed toxic waste
- Packaged H.E.D's (with two exceptions)
- Sushi - used by the Flying sushi restaurant
Tertiary resource crates
These crates require a combination of energy, primary and/or secondary resource crates to create. They can also purchased from trader or acquired from certain events like salvage or pirate attacks.
- Healing mud - used by Wellness temple and creating some buildings in the factory.
- Holo crystals - used in the construction of Mech's, creating some buildings in the factory and by Space pilot simulator
- Molecular food - used by the Molecular restaurant
Trader/VAL shop/ mission based/ special events only
- Pack of security droids
- Fuzzy recharge H.E.D
- Alien energy recharge crate
- Spoiled goods - what happens when crates are not collected and stored in a cargo hold. Only useful for recycling.
- Crates can sink into the deck, making them harder to see, but still able to be collected by fuzzies or the player.